“Barnes succeeded because he chose a definite goal, placed all his energy, all his willpower, all his effort, everything back of that goal.”
“He was content to start with the most menial work, as long as it provided an opportunity to take even one step toward his cherished goal.”
… five years passed before the chance he had been seeking made its appearance
Power of a DEFINITE DESIRE
He BURNED ALL BRIDGES BEHIND HIM
“There is but ONE thing in this world that I am determined to have, and that is a business association with Thomas A. Edison. I will burn bridges behind me, and stake my future on my ability to get what I want”
“He left himself no possible way of retreat. He had to win or perish”
“Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat.”
“Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.”
Six definite steps by which desire for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent:
- First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. *Definiteness: clearly defined or determined; not vague or general; fixed; precise; exact
- Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire.
- Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to posses the money desire
- Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action
- Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it
- Sixth. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ – SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY
“Money consciousness” mean that the mind has become so thoroughly saturated with the desire for money, that one can see one’s self already in possession of it.
“If you do not see great riches in your imagination, you will never see them in your bank balance”
Definiteness of purpose: the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning DESIRE to possess it.
Tolerance, and an open mind are practical necessities of the dreamer of today. Those who are afraid of new ideas are doomed before they start.
HairstonHustle.blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Purchase your copy of Think and Grow Rich here: https://amzn.to/2VBr77B